[hylafax-users] re - Faxq process broken

Hi,

Thanks for the help Lee.

I finally tracked down why the various installs did not go as planned.

1. I had installed a previous version of libtiff via an rpm, even though I
had installed the latest libtiff from tarball, this resulted in the rpm of
HylaFAX reporting an earlier version of libtiff via the rpm database. Fixed
it by installing an rpm libtiff.

2. The tarball of the HylaFAX I tried to install I presume failed due to a
similar reason as that above.

This caused a lot of confusion (and work) for a novice.

Again thanks for the help
Warren Wagener
(Senior Computer Technician)
B&M For Everything Electrical
Warren@bandm.co.nz
Tel +64 6 356 4912
Fax +64 6 356 9273
www.bandm.co.nz

This email and any files sent with it are confidential and intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to which they are  addressed.

If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender.

This footnote also confirms that all e-mail messages and attachments sent to
or by the B&M Group are scanned for viruses for your safety by Mailscan..

www.mailscan.deerfield.com