Re: [hylafax-users] DID revisited

At 03:11 PM 8/15/01 -0400, Yan Seiner wrote:
>OK, I've been through the archives and I see that it's not possible at
>the moment to route faxes to recipients based on incoming DID numbers.
>
>I need to do this if at all possible.
>
>I will soon have an ISDN PRI line (23 circuits), connected to a 3com
>NBX-100 phone system.
>
>I would ideally like to give everyone a private fax line as well as a
>private phone line.
>
>The NBX-100 can use a TAPI interface to route phone calls, including
>faxes.  It is theoretically possible to route faxes via TAPI on the
>network. Does such an animal exist for hylafax?  Do I even need hylafax?
>
>Well, back to DID.  How difficult is it to write the code for reading
>DID info?  Does the hardware exist?  Does anyone have any experience
>with hylafax and NBX-100?
>
>Lots of questions - but this is brand new technology, at least for me.
>
>I'd even be willing to make this a commercial project if it makes sense.

Since you've looked through the logs you probably noticed that there have
been report logs with a certain ISDN modem which reported the DID info to
faxgetty, which appears in the logs.  This user parsed the logs for the
info to route the fax, but with a small amount of work faxgetty could be
coded to pass that DID info to faxrcvd for routing via FaxDispatch.

So... the whole key here is to get your modem to report the DID info to
faxgetty.  If it doesn't, then you'd need to work with the hardware
manufacturer instead.

Lee.