[hylafax-users] beginning of received faxes missing...

Hello hylafax-users,

I haven't read this list for a long time now, so please apologize if my
question has been posted (and answered) recently.

In order to free an analog port of my PABX system I would like to use the
DSP chip on my Siemens I-Surf ISDN card which emulates an analog modem and a
class 1 fax modem. I know that this is possible and supported by the ISDN
driver software of my Linux box (SuSE 7.2, Kernel 2.4.4). As far as I know,
the version of hylafax is 4.1beta2.

The problem I have is, that, when I am using this card, in every received
fax the beginning of the page (the tag line) is missing sometimes partially,
sometimes totally. This seems to be a problem during reception. I also have
"IRQ Loop" messages in the logfile when the reception of the fax starts.

I have searched for messages concerning this problem and found an article
which says that I should get rid of these error messages (which is surely
true) and another one which says the system I use (486DX2/66) is too slow
and that I could do something with "irqtune". But I don't think so, because
with a Pentium-133 system the problem remains the same and this system is
faster. Furthermore, as far as I know the DSP chip on the ISDN card does the
fax decoding and for this reason my system(s) should be fast enough. With my
old analog modem there is no problem.

Has anybody of you experienced the same or a similar problem and can give me
a hint? What could be the reason for the "IRQ Loop" messages? Do they mean
that a new IRQ happens before the current one has been serviced?

Thank you very much for your help,

Ralf Gorholt