[hylafax-users] HylaFAX and FAXbox

Hello HylaFAX experts!

Attached to my PC I have a FAX-box that recieves faxes while the PC is
powered of. (HylaFAX 4.1beta2 with SuSE Linux 7.2)

     PC --- Fax-box --- extern modem

Sending and direct recieving works great. "Recieving" faxes which are stored
in the faxbox does not seem to work. The reason seems simple: When I boot
linux  HylaFAX tries to initialize the server since the FAXbox blocks the
connection this initalize never ends and stays in the folowing state:

michael:~ > faxstat
HylaFAX scheduler on linux.local: Running
Modem ttyS1 (+49.7125.408xxx): Initializing server

The only thing I can do is
a) to swicht the box to "send mode" then it simulates a ring but this is not
answered b/c the server is not running and idle

b) swich the box to "listen mode"  than the box waits for signal from the PC
to send the stored data.

Does anyone know if I there is a work around the "initalizing". Basicaly it
seems that the Server should go to running and idle without anyresponse from
the attached modem?

Thanks a lot
Michael