[hylafax-users] Newbie requests answers on maintainance

Hello.

I'm a new user of HylaFAX.  I set up v4.1 a few days ago on my RedHat v7.1
system (HylaFAX installed from an RPM) and it seems to be running well.  It
is intended, at least for now, to be a receive-only fax server.

Because I want this setup to be as maintainance-free as possible (this
server is off-site) I am particularly interested in automated handling of
the fax files.  Mind if I ask a few questions regarding these topics?

In terms of handling incoming faxes, I want the fax to be printed and the
user notified.  That's working great.  I also want to receive a daily
summary of faxes received.  That too is working well.  But what to do with
the fax files (cXXXXXXXX.tif) themselves?  Ideally I would like them to
remain in the receive directory for n days, then be deleted.  Reading the
doc for faxqclean, it seems that the description is geared to the handling
of sent faxes rather than those that were received.

Q1: What commands and parameters should I specify to delete faxes (*.tif
files and corresponding log entries) that are n days old?

HylaFAX writes what I consider to be a lot of text to the system log.  I
am aware (yes, some people do read the FAQ) that I can reconfigure the
[...]

syslog daemon to redirect this output to a file.

Q2: Can I direct HylaFAX's logging to a file other than the sytem log
without modifying the syslog daemon?

My modem, a USR Sportster 28.8, is unreliable in Class2.0 mode, but works
fine as a Class1 device.

Q3:  What functionality, if any, am I losing by using the older Class1
protocol?

I'm a little confused about the purpose of the ~/hylafax/archive
directory.  The doc on faxqclean refers to moving sent faxes to it, but it
is not mention as having a role in the handling of received faxs.

Q4:  Given that my use of HylaFAX is as a receive-only server, do I need
to concern myself with the use of the archive directory?

Thank you.