Re: [hylafax-users] Public Faxserver

Kay,

> > Now, of course, everybody can see/view/delete any fax in the
queues
> > and the archive - which is not exactly what we would like to
have.

> > Is there an easy way to deny any requests to view the faxes on
the
> > server (or simply hide them)?

> I think you just set the queue directories to mode 600.  This is,
to a
> certain extent, a Cypheus question, I think, and I'm not familiar
with
> it...

You can't hide the list items but you may restrict viewing.
You have to edit and copy the file cypheus.conf to
/var/spool/(hyla)fax:

Just add one user:

@defaultuser;all;1;0;0;0;0;0;0;0

Now everybody can send fax, but nobody can view any received fax nor
any fax in outbox, but can view faxes in sent items, that a user has
send (but none of any other user).

cypheus.conf must be set to 0644.

Please read cypheus-conf.htm for further hints.

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 · D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 · Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com · http://www.urania.com