[hylafax-users] Hylafax & libtiff installation

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place but here goes,

am trying to install hylafax to run with gnomes gfax application. I am having
trouble with installing both libtiff and hylafax.

1) When I try to configure libtiff for installation the following is displayed:
	"Configuring TIFF Software v3.5.6

	If configure does the wrong thing, check the file config.log for
	information that may help you understand what went wrong.

	Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.
	Hmm, looks like a sparc-sun-solaris2.8 system."
and then configure hangs.

2) When attempting to configure hylafax (without installing libtiff) the
following is displayed:
	"./configure: test: argument expected"
and then configure halts.

I have no idea why this happens - can anyone help out.

cheers
shane o'connor