Re: [hylafax-users] capi4hylafax, external TA, ...

> Then I looked at http://www.capi.org/cgi/hinfo.pl?nr=429 and www.zyxel.com and
> omninetD is capi2.0, so it seems I'm lucky.
>
> Now, capi4hylafax package say I need capi4linux and not isdn4linux, is
> capi4linux the capi-adk (devel package) available
> ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/fritzcrd/linux/

capi4linux offers CAPI2 for AVM products, e.g. Fritz! it is not the capi-adk.
capi-adk is AFAIK a devel package to write your own apps which need to use CAPI(2)
probably every AVM card has it's own capi4linux.

capi4hylafax does not need capi4linux but the CAPI2 interface provided by capi4linux.
You need to install a CAPI2 interface for your hardware. (capi4linux is AVM only)

BUT: http://www.capi.org/cgi/hinfo.pl?nr=429 does not have a check at T.30 (Fax)
so there is a CAPI2 driver but it does not support faxing :-(

[..]  output deleted

> any idea?

I have know idea about this problems. I used the avm provided binaries for suse 7.1
and they worked for me ;-)

CAPI2 (under linux) is a binary standard so there should be no need to compile/link
(is this correct?)

By a cheap fritz card and use a system where the binaris from avm run ;-)

> Should I copy something from capi-adk to capy4hylafax dir?

I do not know.

You may try to subscribe to the (german only?) list ... ups, the folder was cleared
so I cannot give you the adress :-( If you look throuh the readmes in capi4linux,
capi4hylafax, the list should be mentioned, something like linux-avmb1@in-berlin.de.
There is at least one very knowledable guy on this list.

Bernd