Re: [hylafax-users] Half my received fax is gone!!

At 04:13 PM 7/4/01 +1000, Adrian Swinoga wrote:
>Hi,
>I've setup Hylafax on a Debian machine.  The fax systems works great, the
>windows and linux client works fine, can't get the mac to work, though this
>isn't of concern at the moment.  My problem is this.
>Say I get sent a 3 page fax, Hylafax receives the 3 pages and when veiwing
>the fax, I see all three pages, execept that the top 1/3 of each page has
>been pushed to the bottom of the page.  ie, page one would have the top 2/3
>white space then the last 1/3 being what should have been on the top of the
>fax, then the second page would have 2/3 white space at the top then the
>remaining 1/3 be what should have been the top 1/3 of the page, and so on
>and so on, when in actual fact I should have received 3 full pages of text.
>
>Another way to put it, say I get sent a 1 page fax with 30 lines, I would
>get a 1 page fax with the first 10 lines positioned at the bottom of the
>page and thats it, the remaining 20 have been lost.
>
>I would appreciate any help on this matter.  I see no errors in the log
>files, I've read the documentation trying to find a solution, but to no
>avail.

If a page of fax is only 10 lines long then the whitespace above or below
as it sits on a page layout is dependent on the page-formatting that you're
doing for those 10 lines of fax.

In specific terms, I'll bet that you're using the faxrcvd-mail scripts and
using PDF.  You'll note that ps2pdf uses Postscript coordinates which start
at the bottom and go up.

You're seeing normal behavior, probably.  Figure out ps2pdf to change things.

Lee.