Re: [hylafax-users] faxadduser & Cypheus

At 03:55 PM 7/1/01 -0700, Kulraj Gurm wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>I am trying to access hylafax with Cypheus - which seems like an excellent
>way to interface Hylafax on a Winbloz machine. I should also mention that
>this was working fine until I just upgraded to the latest Hylafax release
>candidate.

What did you upgrade from?  I doubt that the problem has to do with the
upgrade itself, but rather probably with the way that you upgraded or your
missing the spool dir change (hint).
Note that /var/spool/fax has become /var/spool/hylafax

>I have used faxadduser in the following syntax :
>
>su-2.04# pwd
>/usr/local/sbin
>su-2.04# ./faxadduser -u kulraj -p passwd
>[1] 975
>
>where passwd is the same as my unix password. But if I hit the enter key
>again I get :
>
>su-2.04#
>[1]+  Done                    ./faxadduser -u kulraj -p passwd
>
>Can anyone explain the output when hitting enter on a blank line?

Yes, for some reason faxadduser is running in the background, which is why
it does that "[1] 975" and "[1]+ Done" stuff.  I couldn't tell you why it's
doing that on your system.

>Anyway, I assume that I have been added as a hylafax user. However, on
>starting up Cypheus I get the message :
>
>"You entered a wrong username or password. Please try again."

Manually take a look at the contents of /var/spool/hylafax/etc/hosts.hfaxd
and tell us what you see.

Lee.