Re: [hylafax-users] faxes are cut off

bwhittak@energy.com.au wrote:

> Hi Darcy,
>
> I don't have a definitive answer but I've just been through exactly the same
> exercise - in my case it was somehow related to the page chopping (I was able to
> turn off the page chopping option and l could see my fax but it wouldn't
> terminate the page properly and so hylafax kept trying to resend it). Try
> playing with the page chopping - maybe it'll fix it for you - or maybe you'll
> find it's set wrongly.
> I determined that it was because I'd downloaded a binary distribution for a
> slightly older version of my OS (I think it was compiled for AIX 4.3.2 instead
> of 4.3.3 which I'd just moved to). I basically went through the process of
> downloading the source for G++, libg++, gnu-make and hylafax and rebuilding from
> there. As of last night everything is now working the way it should.
>
> Is it possible that this is your problem - and hence your solution?

i've played around with both PageChop and ChopThreshold and i'm still
getting the same behaviour.  Nothing is showing up beyond about an inch
or so.  It just cuts off.

i'm having trouble understanding exactly how hylafax works and then
determining the best way to debug this.  Could someone give me some tips
or ideas on how to get hylafax working?  i appreciate the help.

--
~darcy w. christ
Elegant Communications Inc.