Re: [hylafax-users] Integrating HylaFAX with Formtrap

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 02:59:01PM +0200, Andreas Hoedle wrote:
> Nigel Allen schrieb:
> > A client of mine uses a product called Formtrap to produce all of their
> > "good looking" repors for customer consumption (ie invoices,
> > statements, purchase orders etc).
> >
> > Formtrap uses (AFAIK) HP-PCL to produce these reports, effectively
> > merging together ascii data and a template file to produce the finished
> > article.
> >
> > My task is to take what is produced on the printer and send it out via
> > HylaFAX. We have already done this with ascii output but are a little
> > at a loss as to where we should start with this one.
>
> Taken from a posting from Lee some time ago :
>
> > For all the searching I've done, I've found a number of commercial
> > PCL-to-whatever converters.  I don't imagine that many of you would be
> > interested in them.

But if you are, one of them is from a UK company, and is $1300.  I
gather it works quite well.  Check out www.pcl2pdf.com

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows