Re: [hylafax-users] Fw: mgetty

Am 2001.06.26 22:56 schrieb(en) Josh Welch:
> Oops, I thought I had read that you needed mgetty for receiving?

No, you do not need mgetty for receiving faxes if you are using HylaFAX.
There are some distributions which do not come with HylaFAX (i.e. Red Hat)
but with mgetty, mgetty-sendfax, etc. So the people sometimes are a bit
confused about what fax software they are using. (I have read some examples
here in the list.) If you are running Red Hat you should at least uninstall
'mgetty-sendfax' before installing HylaFAX (as pointed out in the HylaFAX
HOWTO).

Bye,

Stephan

--