Re: [hylafax-users] faxstat

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:32:40 +0200, you wrote:

>faxstat always says:
>HylaFAX scheduler on faxsrv: Running
>Modem ttyS0 (1111111): Waiting for modem to come ready

>even if I say cu -l /dev/ttyS0 and then ATZ and then close connection,
>file still exists. is it up to hylafax to manage (erase, update or
>whatever) this file, or should I erase it. even if I restart hylafax
>this file still exists.
>
>I have send only environment, without any faxgetty and faxaddmodem was
>run for each configured modem.
If you use faxmodem, instead of faxgetty, the status reported by faxstat will be
different:
1-after installing HylaFAX for the first time and before sending the 1st fax,
the modem status won't be shown
2- after sending the 1st fax, the status will always be
Modem ttySX (+12345678): Waiting for modem to come ready
when the modem is idle
3- only while sending a fax the status will be changed to "initializing server"
and "sending job xxx"

--
giulioo@pobox.com