Re: [hylafax-users] Sambafax problems

Am 2001.06.13 15:58 schrieb(en) Andrew:
> I'm running RH 7.0 and I've set up sambafax.I'm using LPRnG. I've
> followed
> the directions closely. I can do a sendfax and it works great. Here's the
> problem:
> >From my Win client I print to my Apple Postscript driver, I do a
> faxstat -d -i -l -s and I see that the fax made it there but it doesn't
> fax
> and it won't let me remove the job with a faxrm (id).
> Here's what faxstat gives me:
> Hylafax scheduler on HYLA:  Running
> Modem ttyS1 (xxx.xxx.xxxx): Running and idle
>
> JID  Pri   S  Owner   Number        Pages  Dials    TTS Status
> 4     127 W         lp  95551212      0:0       0:12
>
> Attatched are my smb.conf, sambafax and printcap.Also sambafax is
> executable.
> I'd really apreciate any ideas. Thanks.
> -Andrew

Login as root, then do a 'su lp' and remove the fax job. Also, you wrote
that you are using RH 7.0 which comes with LPRng, so you really should
change the entry in your global section of the 'smb.conf' from
'printing=bsd' to 'printing=lprng'. If you need help setting up 'sambafax'
there is now a new page on it mentioned in the HylaFAX HOWTO (section 5.6).
Especially for RH >=7.0 which comes with LPRng I have described the
necessary changes to get it working. See my sig for the page.

--
Stephan André Schmidt
stephanandre.schmidt@uni-bielefeld.de