Re: [hylafax-users] Modem hangs up in 30-60 sec or doesn't hang up after unsuccessful receiving

At 06:07 PM 6/9/01 +0700, Ilya Palagin wrote:
>Hi,
>
>my system is:
>
>Mandrake 7.0
>HylaFax 4.1Beta3
>Modems: Courier Everything ext, USR Robotics int, ZyXEL Omni 56k
>
>The same computer and the listed modems are used for dial-in ppp server
>without any problems. After I decided to dedicated one modem to the fax
>server I met with the following problem, which I couldn't solve with
>FAQ, HowTo, mail archive and deja.com.
>
>Sympthoms, experienced with any of the 3 listed modems:
>
>-- if I just dial the number of my fax server and hang up after the
>modem replied, the modem hangs up after 30sec

Yup, that's the T1 timeout setting.  Just as it should be.

>-- if I send a fax message and transmission is broken (noises, link is
>broken, etc), the modem hangs up after 40-80 sec or stays on-line
>forever.

You'll need to submit a session log (SessionTracing at 0xFFF) for us to
help you any with this.

>Being served by mgetty, the same modems hangup immediately after "busy"
>is heard.

HylaFAX hangs up immediately after BUSY, too.

Lee.