Re: [hylafax-users] send incomplete faxes

At 01:14 PM 3/9/01 +0800, barry wrote:
>i have a fax server that is using rh6.0 kernel 2.2.5-15
hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.rpm
>libtiff-3.4-6.i386.rpm
>
>all was running fine until i rebooted the machine. now when faxes are sent
>random pages a incomplete some
>are missing just a few lines others are mostly incomplete.
>
>i have tried changing the config.cua# file from flow control xonxoff to
>rtscts and this appeared to work for a few days but then went back to the
>same problem.
>
>errors in the logs that i am getting are
>send failed: ring detect without successful handshake
>Send Failed: no answer (t.30 T1 timeout)
>Send Failed: no answer (t.30 T1 timeout); too many attempts to dial
>
>when i read the xferfaxlog i can see that when i send to my fax machine i
>am seeing either busy signals or giving up after 3 attempts but i know the
>fax machine wasn't being used
>
>it appears to be a flow control problem but i haven't been able to rectify
>it. i have swapped modems - no joy.
>
>the system was running fine for 6months with no changes taking place
>anywhere on the machine.
>prior to this problem

I'm baffled as to why there would be a change in behavior when no change to
the environment occurred.  I tend to believe that there had to have been
*some* kind of shift in the environment... either that, or some file became
corrupted in the reboot, or the modem became defective in the reboot.

Either way, and regardless of what the problem is, I would highly suggest
that you upgrade your HylaFAX version to 4.1beta3.  Note that you *will*
need to also upgrade your libtiff version to 3.5.5 or greater.  You may
also need to upgrade Ghostscript, I don't know.  There is an update more
recent than the one listed on the HOWTO.

See: http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.2

Hopefully this fixes your problem.  If not, then change your SessionTracing
to 0xFFF in your etc/config.<devid> file, respawn faxgetty, and then send
us a log file of a failed fax.

Lee.