Re: [hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready

At 04:08 PM 3/2/01 -0500, Jim TheVoice wrote:
>/var/log/messages do not exist.
>
>Is it /var/adm/messages that you mean?
>
>Look what it contains:
># tail /var/adm/messages
>Mar  2 14:51:29 infog2 FaxQueuer[513]: [ID 793248 daemon.error] MODEM
>/dev/ttyb appears to be wedged

This is what Giulio wanted you to get at, I think.  I've never made much
use of the ServerTracing logs, though.

Essentially the "wedged" problem means (unless it's been working fine
before) that your config.<devid> file is not correct.

When you ran faxaddmodem, did it choose a default prototype template for
you, or did it ask you to manually enter in all of the AT commands?

What version of HylaFAX beta are you using, exactly, anyway?

Lee.