Re: [hylafax-users] Courier I-Modem ISDN/V.34 Problem

Hi,
first, to clarify something, under newer versions of linux kernels
the old devices /dev/cuax shouldn't be used anymore, because they
lead to problems with locking the device correct, imagine
you have a ppp-connection set to use dev/ttyS0 and hylafax set to
use /dev/cua0. now if you are using the ppp-connection and hylafax
trys to send a fax your ppp-connection will be killed, cause hylafax
doesn't realize the modem is used by another process.

but now to your problems.
what do you get as response in minicom if you type

ATE0V1Q0X4S0=0H0

(that is the string hylafax sends to your modem and does not get
a modemresponse for)

if your modem times out on that string, try removing one command after
the other until you find the incorrect one.
hope it helps
Christoph

Cédric BOLE-RICHARD schrieb:

> The status of my modem is 'Waiting for modem to come ready'
>
> With minicom, the command are all OK.
>
> Please help me.

[...]