Re: [hylafax-users] fax to email gateway

At 11:57 AM 10/21/00 +0800, Rajan wrote:
>Lee
>
>Sorry for the confusion. What I intended was
>How to send a fax from a normal fax machine to an email address. We have
>following set-up at the moment:
>
>Fax Machine -> Fax Senior Server (WinNT) -> Email Server (Linux/qMail)  ->
>email address.
>
>What I want to do is:
>
>Fax Machine -> Fax Server based on Linux -> EMail Server -> email address

You really ought to read the HOWTO, because I think it would answer most of
your questions regarding HylaFAX.

However, by using some available faxrcvd scripts, the incoming faxes will
all automatically be delivered by e-mail to the fax-receptionist
(FaxMaster).  In my case, this is the "default" configuration.  But the
normal default is for HylaFAX to notify FaxMaster of received faxes by
e-mail, and the fax is retrieved by an ftp-like utility.

As is the case with most open-source software, you can make HylaFAX do what
you want... if you're up to programming it.

If you're looking for some type of automatic varied routing function for
incoming faxes, then stand in line.  Review the mailing list archives for
this topic, try searching on "OCR", and you'll get the drift.

Lee.