           To:     <faxnumber from the emailaddress>
           From:   <the original sender of the email as email address>
           Subject:<the subjectline from the email>
           Date:   <the date and time of the faxprocessing>

           <the body contents of the email>
           -------- trailer --------------------

Recipe:
1. create a special user on your hylafax server, like "faxgateway".
2. create a .procmailrc containing the following rules:
-<snip>
$SED="wherever sed is"
$FAXMAIL="wherever faxmail is"
$SENDFAX="wherever sendfax is"

# find out who send the mail:
:0
* ^From:\/.*
{
   FROM = "$MATCH"
}

# now send the mail if a faxnumber can be found in the address
# sed strips the unwanted emailaddress from the To line
# faxmail processes the email to a nice faxformat(ting)
# sendmail processes the fax and returns a confirmation
:0
* ^To:.*faxgateway\+\/[0-9.]+(@)
* MATCH ?? ^^\/.*[^@]
| cat - |                                                \
  $SED 's/\(^To: \)\(faxgateway+\)\([0-9.]*\)@.*$/\1\3/I' |  \
  $FAXMAIL |                                           \
  $SENDFAX -n -f "$FROM" -D -d $MATCH
-<end of snip>

3. send email like: faxgateway+123.456789@yourserver.domain

There is no security, so anyone around the net can use it, provided they
know the address and syntax. It is easy to incorporate a check on trusted
sender-adresses, and/or incorporate a password, and/or limit the faxnr to
national numbers only, but i do not want to implement that unless i see it
is being misused.

regards, Ignace