Re: [hylafax-users] User privileges

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:15:38 GMT, you wrote:

>is there a way to assign especific privileges for each user?
>
>JID  Pri S  Owner     Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
>503  100 R  boss       888          0:2   0:12
>503  127 R  Employee   888          0:2   0:12
>
>I want to assign a 100 Pri for example to the user boss and 127 for Employee,
>so the boss's faxes are going to be sent first

I don't know of a way this could be enforced by Hylafax.

What I would do is:
1)
if you "trust" your users (you trust that they won't do the same in
their .hylarc :-) ), then you can just
echo "Priority:  1" >>  ~boss/.hylarc

2)
If you don't trust them, then make a wrapper for "sendfax" and add logic
to discard the supplied priority and set priority to the appropriate
level based on uid.

--
giulioo@pobox.com