Re: [hylafax-users] faxmail and accents

On Friday, September 29, 2000, at 5:59:12 AM, jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr wrote:
> I am using netscape to send mail to the faxmail gateway.
> As a french user I use accents ( é è à ù ....) in my mails (fax mails) .
> unfortunatly they are not translated as is.
> how to configure faxmail to manage  the accents correctly ?.

The issue at hand is textfmt, the program that converts text messages
into postscript.  I'm not surprised to find out that it doesn't handle
non-ASCII character set mappings; while it shouldn't be all *that*
difficult to fix, I'm not the coder to do it.  At least, certainly,
something in the chain ought to notice the characterset info on the
MIME headers in the mail, and choke, instead of merely breaking
silently...

You could call this a bug; why don't you trundle on over to
bugs.hylafax.org and report it?  The product would be HylaFAX, the
component, textfmt (if there's a component for that; there should be)

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet