Re: [hylafax-users] mail2fax gateway

On Thursday, September 28, 2000, at 3:26:13 AM, Peter Hilbring wrote:
> i've some problems in faxing emails with multiple mime-content via
> the mail2fax gateway.

> The first part (mime-type: text) would be converted into ps from the
> mail2fax gateway The secons part(mime-type: text/html) would be
> converted into ps with the html2ps tool

> Each part for itself is an valid ps document and cold bei viewed and faxed.

> The problem ist, that the mailtofax gateway concats the two parts an
> sends them. The first page (text) looks ok, but the second page
> (converted html) is an empty page. I could verify that with the gs
> viewer.

> What must i do to concat all outputted files to a valid ps multipage-document?
> Any hints?

Hints are exactly what I have.  You have two choices: create a
multipage PS document, or create a mail message with two separate
attachments.  The latter will likely be easier.  It seems to me I've
run across, in my life, a set of utilities for manhandling PS files to
meet the DSC standards, but I can't remember where.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet