[hylafax-users] Hylafax Usage problems.

Hi All,

Trying to use HylaFax. Installed Hylafax 4.1beta2-7rh6 on RH6.2 ( kernel
2.2.14-5). IBM 300GL PC with 64MB RAM and US Robotics Sporster 33.6
Modem.
Religiously followed the steps specified in the Howto and had no
problems at all. Thanks guys.
Hylafax seems to be running fine. I did send a couple of text files to a
fax machine (sitting right next to me for testing
purposes) using sendfax -n -d <number> <file> and got them fine. I also
sent faxes to the hylafax server and have
recv'ed them fine. I was able to view them from the location
/var/spool/fax/recvq.
Here's what I am not able to understand how to do.

1. when I try to send any file other than a text file either I get an
error saying that it cannot convert the file or I get
junk on the fax machine.
2. Installed whfc on my win98 pc and tried to send and recv faxes. When
I send (even a text file) I get  a report that
the fax has been sent, but I dont see any fax. I just observe the Tx &
Rx lights blink vigorously and thats all. No FAx.
3. using whfc I see the recv'ed fax in the recv'ed Q but am not able to
view them on the pc. I have to ftp the
/var/spool/fax/recvq/<file> to my pc and then only I can view the fax.
4. From the fax server itself when I try to send the same fax I recv'ed
the Output on the paper is horribly distorted.
I can read the text but the quality is very bad.

Is there some tweaking I must do with the Hylafax SErver to correct
these problems??
Where are all the config files for the server, modem etc??
/var/spool/fax/config & /usr/share/fax ??

I seem to be having problem in understanding how to use hylafax or am
not reading the proper documents.
Can someone give me a direction, please. ?

Thanks in advance
suri.

PS: BTW, I have to dial a 9 to access outside lines from my EPABX, if
that is a concern.