[hylafax-users] Status Report Result Codes - Zyxel says "BUSY" for VOICE

Status Report Result Codes - Zyxel says "BUSY" for VOICE

This is not really a problem with HylaFAX, although it
certainly affects HylaFAX users, and there may be a solution
or workaround ...

I'm trying to send oodles of faxes to a supposedly clean list of
destinations.  But I know there are typos, and I really don't want
some poor person getting 12 retries by software that thinks it's
been getting a BUSY fax machine, when it's really been getting a
voice answer.

What to do?

I can't believe the modem can't distinguish propertly between
no answer / busy / no carrier

What do others do?  Are there modems that handle this better?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

MODEM ZYXEL U1496E/V 6.17 P
hylafax-4.1beta2
NetBSD 1.5B