Re: [hylafax-users] start params.

On Wednesday, August 30, 2000, at 12:14:01 PM, darkskull wrote:
> On my old system hfaxd was started with;
> hfaxd -i hylafax -o 4557 -s 444

> The new system only does hfaxd -i

> The old version was 4.0p10
> The new version is 4.1b2

> Is SNPP needed? Is faxq on 4557 needed?

The old and SNPP protocols are only required to be being listened for
if you have clients running them.  If you have remote access to the
server in question, just leave them turned off until someone bitches.

:-)

> Might be there be specfic reasons the old admin had 444 and 4557 running?

See above.

> Thanks much as usualy for any help. I now have HylaFAX up and running with out
> problems (that I can tell). It's not such a bad program once you teach it who
> the boss is :-]

I've very glad to hear that; it sounded like things were a bit hectic
for you.  But, as you say, once you get it going, it's damned stable.

We're trying to chop off some of the top of that hill; your writeup
will help.  Thanks.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff