[hylafax-users] DTE to DCE Data Underflow

Hi all,

I set up a HylaFAX Server quite successful some time ago, and it seemed
to work REALLY fine. Then I went in vacation and when I came back, I got
lots of people queueing in front of my office door, all of them telling
me the same thing: Some Faxes just can't be delivered, and in the logs
it says everytime the same thing: "DTE to DCE Data Underflow" etc etc
etc. This does not happen all of the time, most faxes are delivered very
well. For me it seems this is a problem with older Fax machines, I tried
this in our office with one 5-year-old-machine and one 6-months-old-one.
With the old one faxing crashes everytime, with the new one never.
I'm using a SUSE 6.3 Box with a 2.2.14 Kernel running on a
PentiumIII/550 SCSI Machine with 256 Megs of RAM, an Elsa Microlink 56K
Pro Modem in Class 2.0 Mode and HylaFAX 4.1beta2.
Could that be that the older Fax machines don't understand my Modem's
talking in Class 2.0 mode ? I don't have too much knowledge about fax
protocols and phone lines and that stuff, so please excuse me if that is
a totally dumb question where reactions normally are "damn can't you see
this has REALLY NOTHING to do with each other???" ;-)
I would be very happy if you could help me outta this, because ignoring
the above problem it's just wonderful seeing the HylaFAX server work (we
had an NT Machine before, and it crashed twice a week, hehe).

Thanks to the HylaFAX devel team for just a GREAT piece of work.

Andreas Grimmel
Network Administrator
ADDITIVE GmbH
Germany