Re: [hylafax-users] 'modem busy'

On Monday, August 28, 2000, at 4:22:11 PM, Koen Verheyden wrote:
> Everything is installed (I read among others the 'How to get HylaFAX
> running under SuSE.' in the FAQ).
> Problem:
> sendfax -n -s a4 -D -d {tel.nr.} testfax.ps
> gives a job ID, but faxstat keeps saying 'Waiting for modem to come free'.
> So, the job status remains 'R'. And it's also impossible to kill the job:
> First 'faxrm 10' hangs (killed the program), the second time it gives this:
> '460 Failed to kill job 10: Unspecified reason (scheduler NAK'd request).'

> See this extract from the system log: from startup over a first try to kill the
> job and the removal of the card until a last try to kill the job.

> The line 'FaxGetty[291]: Unknown baud rate "14400", using 19200' seems pretty
> suspicious. I tried 'faxmodem -c '(0,1),(0-5),(0-2),(0-2),0,0,0,(0-7)' tty01'
> followed by 'faxstate -s ready ttyS1'. It didn't work.

Hmmm... If you're using faxgetty, you shouldn't have to use faxmodem,
too.  That log excert looks pretty weird; I'd hazard a guess you might
have a permissions problem somewhere; did you do the install as root?

Check the permissions on your binaries, and also on your FIFOs.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet