Re: [hylafax-users] General Info

  Jay> On Friday, August 25, 2000, at 11:07:58 AM, Darren Nickerson wrote:

  +> Add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf or the slowlaris equivalent, and
  +> rerun ldconfig, then try recompiling HylaFAX.

  Jay> A quick perusal of the ldd and ld.so.1 man pages on my Polaris machines,
  Jay> Darren, doesn't reveal that the OS *has* that extension mechanism; only
  Jay> LD_LIBRARY_CONFIG.

Good spot.

Yes, it's coming to me now . . . . *think* . . . had to do something like this to make sure HylaFAX picked up the libtiff in /usr/local/ rather than in /usr/openwin or something like that.

I'm out of my depth - a Slowlaris junkie needs to comment. I think the
LD_LIBRARY_CONFIG environment needs to be carefully set to make sure you can
load the dynamic libraries at runtime.

-d