Re: [hylafax-users] General Questions about Hylafax

Lee, thank you for your quick response!

Please bear with my beginner questions.

If configurations are made for email-to-fax submission, does that mean I
don't need a client program any more? But how does the email server know to
send the fax mail to the fax server? How difficult is it to make such a
configuration?

Say if in my Java code, I can have the fax number and fax file information,
does it make more sense to write some Java code to call the server program
hfaxd (as Lee mentioned) directly, or is there a way to make use of WHFC or
RelayFax? Which requires more effort? which makes more sense?

What effort level is it to make the Hylafax server basic functions work?
What's the ballpark figure of hours required for a system admin. level
person or some non system admin. person but who are proficient with
installing Linux, Perl, PHP things like that.

Also, where can I find the documentation about how to communicate with
hfaxd?

Thanks!

Freda