Re: [hylafax-users] what does "working modem" mean? was: usr modem - dials but won't connect

  Jay> On Wednesday, August 16, 2000, at 4:58:14 PM, Bernd Proissl wrote:

  +> My experience is that you have to look these topics too:
  +> - send only, if so, how many faxes/time, how many different fax machines?
  +> - receive only?

  +> if HF does not contain Dmitry's RTC/RTN patches, then
  +> there are reproducable transmission problems under very specific
  +> circumstances:
  +> - document encoding
  +> - modem brand
  +> - Class x operation of modem
  +> - 1 page fax or fax with more than 1 page
  +> - receiving fax machine

  Jay> I believe the beta's, at least beta2, do.

As far as I know, this is not the case. Beta 2 has none of Dmitry's work.

Current CVS has some of Dmitry's fixes, but not all of them. Changes which I
THINK have been applied are:

	General Class1 changes
	----------------------
	        Decoding of T.30 DIS frame
	        HDLC timeout
	        Number of training attempts

	General Class 2.0 changes

	        Class 2.0 PPM query

I'm pretty sure the RTN stuff has not yet been applied, mostly because of
conflicts between his submissions and the CVS fixes to address the libtiff
problems. Also, there was some concern that his approach might fix RTN
behaviour with some modems, but introduce problems with others, and I'm not
sure where the discussion ended up on that one.

-Darren