Re: [hylafax-users] usr modem - dials but won't connect

On Wednesday, August 16, 2000, at 12:41:03 PM, Wout Mertens wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, David Banning wrote:
>> I am using hylafax with Freebsd 4.0 stable
>> I've got a usr faxmodem internal
>> It always dials, sometimes trasmits successfully, but
>> mostly it does not send - receiving machine gives up
>> Here is my trace log and config;
>>
>> Aug 16 11:27:33.53: [ 4068]: --> [9:NO ANSWER]

> Hey, I have the same problem :) The remote just doesn't understand the
> gibberish setup the USR is sending...
> I think those modems just aren't very compatible with the other ones.
> IIRC, they always had that problem, also for data connections...

Well, I can't speak for the Sportsters (of which I believe that
internal is one), but the Couriers always performed flawlessly with
data connections.

I was searching the mailing list archive the other day for something
else, and saw several postings that people were running just fine with
USR products; it might be productive for those of you having problems
to do some searching there and see what you find.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet