Re: [hylafax-users] Error at end of fax

On Tuesday, August 15, 2000, at 10:52:35 AM, Jason Bachman wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 15, 2000, at 10:06:21 AM, Jason Bachman wrote:
>>> Hi List,   I have been having an intermittant problem when sending faxes:
>>> The fax is sent complete and the receiving side gets the whole fax, but
>>> after the last page is sent, and before the hangup sequence, the receiving
>>> end gets an error.  It doesn't seem to affect the fax, but we are getting
>>> calls from people checking to see if they received the entire fax.

>> I've been seeing that occasionally on the system I just set up for a
>> client.  The faxed appear to go through ok, and HF logs them as sent,
>> so I'd think it was benign if you weren't getting *receiver* end
>> errors -- my logs looked like yours, but no one's called.

>> I'm running 4.1beta1 RPM on RH6.1, GS 5.5.  Yours?

> I am running  4.1 from the CVS tree (I guess it's beta2.  Not exactly sure
> how the CVS versions are numbered).  On Linux-mandrake 6.1  GS is V5.10.

Actually, the CVS is a few patches newer than the beta2 snapshot. I
wouldn't expect that that should cause this sort of problem, though.
Is it only one machine, only one make/model, or is there any other
perceivable correlation?

Mandrake has changed a few things from stock RH, but again, I'm not
sure that ought to cause the problem.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff