Re: [hylafax-users] pdf or ps -> tif

On Tuesday, August 15, 2000, at 3:08:58 AM, Harald Reinartz wrote:
> i'm looking for a tool that convertrs pdf or os files into tiff in batch
> mode.

The recent versions of Ghostscript, which is the typical conversion
package used with HylaFAX, (and by recent, I believe I mean >=4.0, but
it might not have happened until 5) know how to read PDF files
automatically.  You might have to make a small modification to your
typerules file to recognize them at the HylaFAX level; I wasn't able
to find out if that was necessary because the PDF files I got shipped
for a project were corrupt.

As for 'batch mode'... this is Unix; write a script.  ;-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet