[hylafax-users] Using AVM ISDN adapters with Hylafax

Hi everyone,

here is some useful information for everyone who - like me - has been
waiting for some time to finally get rid of his modem. German manufacturer
AVM has published drivers for their popular FRITZ!Card PCI ISDN adapter as
part of the CAPI4Linux project. The package also includes CAPI4Hylafax, a
CAPI interface for Hylafax. There are precompiled modules for SUSE Linux 6.3
and 6.4. You can find more information on the AVM website under
http://http://www.avm.de/english/service/index.htm or you can download the
package directly from ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/fritzcrd.pci/linux/.
Unfortunately, I haven't got the time at the moment to try it out, but a
friend of mine has installed the modules on a SUSE Linux 6.4 machine and is
very content (despite some apparent minor bugs in this early version). I
hope this information is useful for some of you out there.

Kind regards

Dietmar

P.S.: Thanks to Tom for informing me about this service.