[hylafax-users] ModemClass problem

Hi HylaFax enthusiasts,

I have hylafax-4.1.b2 installed on a FreeBSD 4.0 system, using 2 3Com/USR
Courier V.Everything modems.  I'm trying to use the ModemClass value in my
config file to tell HylaFax to only send outbound faxes from the cuaa1
device on my system.

So this is what I have:

faxengine# grep "ModemClass" /var/spool/fax/etc/config
ModemClass:             "any:cuaa1"

Yet when I do:

faxengine# sendfax -n -d 7987070 /etc/defaults/rc.conf
request id is 6 (group id 6) for host localhost (1 file)

Above I am trying to tell it to send from cuaa1 to cuaa0, which is the
7987070 number.

I then see:

faxengine# faxstat
HylaFAX scheduler on faxengine.ny.razorfish.com: Running
Modem cuaa1 (+1.212.798.6618): Running and idle
Modem cuaa0 (+1.212.798.7070): Sending job 6

This is just wrong.  I thought I told it in the modem class that it should
only send with cuaa1.  But it is clearly using cuaa0.  Since it isn't
listening to me, I must be doing something wrong, right?  Does anyone have
any advice as to how to fix this problem?

thanks much,

mohan

 |    ||   |||  ||         r a z o r f i s h , new york

 mohan khurana
    [ consultant, cts ]