[hylafax-users] Stuck Faxes

We are getting (at least once daily) faxes that hang the modems.  Incoming
calls get a no answer and keep ringing.  faxstat shows both modems
"Receiving From:".  I have to kill both faxgetty ttyS0 and faxgetty ttyS1
processes, then run 'setserial /dev/ttyS0' and 'setserial /dev/ttyS1' then
'kill -HUP 1' to get both modems reset and answering again.  The second
modem is getting hung because the originator is trying the second fax number
because they get no answer on the first.  Looking at the log file for that
session, during receiving data it gets trashed with garbage - looks like
actual data that should be going to the tif file!

Anyone else experiencing this? If I had to create an hourly cron that did
the above reset, how could I assign a PID to both faxgetty processes so I
could kill them? Thanks for any insights.

Greg Kelley, IT Director
Londavia, Inc.
Pease Int'l Tradeport
68 New Hampshire Ave.