[hylafax-users] about HylaFAX API - what is going on in port command?

I have a question about the FTP-based protocol used by HylaFAX and its
clients. For most client commands (viewed using -vv option), the output
indicates that a "port" command is being called. Reading the man page on
hfaxd, I see that port is "specify data connection port". My server is on
localhost (127.0.0.1) and listening to port 4559. If I were defining port I
would think that "port 127,0,0,1,17,207" would be correct where "17,207" is
a base-256 number (ie, 17*256+207 = 4559). However, what I'm seeing is that
the last two numbers are acting as a counter. Each port command increments
these two numbers (I assume that a "port 127,0,0,1,5,255" would be followed
by "port 127,0,0,1,6,0"). What is going on here? What do these numbers
specify?

Karl Hallowell          karl_hallowell@hp.com