[hylafax-users] Re: last ditch effort

You've likely opened a can of worms with the asking of opinions... but
since I have one...

You've got a PowerMac G4, I believe, is this right?  I think I heard that
linux will run on such a machine, and there's a lot of HylaFAX users
running linux.  So you'd get good support with that.  Anyway, I run RedHat
Linux, and I do have a email-to-fax/fax-to-email configuration running with
HylaFAX as the server.  My Windows clients run a commercial program called
RelayFax, for which I've developed procmail recipes to interface it with
HylaFAX.  If you're interested, you can get my HylaFAX
installation/configuration/customization documentation (how many more tions
could there be?) from http://www.deanox.com/HylaFAX

RedHat will run on most Pentium-based systems with 64MB RAM and 1GB hard
drive.  You should be able to dig one up from the classifieds or a used
computer dealer.  Or be wise and get a new PC clone system.

Lee Howard