[hylafax-users] Re: Unable to open any attached document formats

Sehr geehrter Herr/Frau Greg Kelley,

Tuesday, July 11, 2000, 3:45:30 PM, Ihre Nachricht:

GK> I am running RH 6.2 and have installed Hylafax-4.1beta2-5rh6.i386.rpm with
GK> tifflib 3.5.4 that comes with RH6.2.  I have modified faxrcvd and
GK> FaxDispatch and I am receiving faxes as email attachments. My MultiTech
GK> FaxModem is working fine as Class 2.  All communications logs look good.

GK> Using the default postscript format, I am getting blank pages using
GK> GhostView/Ghostscript for Win95.  I get a blank page if I print it directly
GK> to a printer.

GK> I modified faxrcvd 3 times using three different suggestions I got from the
GK> archives for sending a tiff attachment.  All three cause Wang Image Viewer
GK> to complain about a bad format.  I tried the Tiff Viewer recommended from
GK> the archives and it complains about an incorrect tiff header.

GK> Now I would like to try to create a pdf attachment.  I cannot find the
GK> correct faxrcvd script to do this.

GK> What is happening in the format conversion that is causing all ps and tif
GK> viewers to fail? I think Hylafax is terriffic and I'm "so close" - very
GK> exciting stuff! Many thanks for any input.

Hi!
I just had the same problem => till today. Claas Hilbrecht
(Claas.Hilbrecht@linum.com) sent me his config file, I changed very
little and voila, it works (I do think it worked without my changes
also). Many thanx to him!!!

you find my working faxrcvd script attached.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
fuer das Team von SBO

Thomas Mozelt
SBO-Tulzer GmbH