[hylafax-users] Re: faxgetty

> i have compiled the hylafax package on my linux (2.2.14) system.
> it worked fine. i have installed it,
> but "make install" didn't install faxgetty.

.. are you sure? faxgetty is a part of the hylafax package.  The program is
in /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty on my system.  There have been one or two
messages about faxgetty on the mailing list in the past few days - check the
archive.

One way to start faxgetty is to include this line in /etc/inittab:

t2:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty faxmodem

... where, in my case, faxmodem is a symlink to /dev/ttyS0.

  Iain