[hylafax-users] Re: Another problem!!!

At 05:15 PM 7/3/00 +0800, Kathleen Lee wrote:
>why is it that when i faxaddmodem a warning that another program is
>using the device?

Because HylaFAX probably already is using the modem with hfaxd or faxq.

>and why is it that i cannot remove a job using faxrm
>properly?

Please explain.  You have to faxrm from the user that issued sendfax...
normal root privileges don't mean much here.

> when i view the status it always say that 'caught signal 15'?
>what does Purge stale UUCP lock means? i always got that message when i
>use sendfax.

Can't help you here.  I've never seen the problem.  It would help, though,
if you mentioned your OS/distribution and the version of HylaFAX that you
are attempting to use.

>  Pls help me!!! I've been configuring this hylafax program
>for almost a week already.

I'd say that you're doing all right... considering I didn't manage to get
the coversheet personalized for three weeks, and it took three months
before I could use the new libtiff versions and saw many quirks disappear
(thank you, Darren!)

Lee Howard