[hylafax-users] Re: can anyone find anything wrong here?

Allen Bolderoff <allen@gist.net.au> writes:

> I am having the problem where some ps files are being cut or truncated
> randomly in the middle of the outgoing fax, so 4 pages of a4 ps, are converted
> to 4 x 1/4 pages with only a portion of the full page.
>
> it is as if the bottom half (3/4) of each page dissappeared.

Looks like the flow control problems.

> I am using 4.0pl2 huylafax,  gv-3.5.8, Linux 2.2.15 on a Mandrake 7.1 Box.
>
> I found reference to this question in the mail list, with no definative
> answer,

What else did you expect, sending uninformative logs and showing neither
your modem nor the config file? I have repeated many times here: set
SessionTracing parameter to 0x7FF and only then post logs to the list!

> other than it may be transmission problems.
>
> I am actually faxing back to the same box, (it has 2 modems) so here are both
> sides of the logs, outgoing, and incoming.

1. You can use any modem for both sending and receiving.
2. Second modem's receive log has nothing to do with transmission problems
with the first one.
3. Your modems are different (first works in Class1, while second in
Class2) so they should be configured differently.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry