[hylafax-users] Re: Is this a fix for : Cannot create data socket ?

I forgot to say that the error Cannot create data socket xxx address already in
use is given by sendfax...

Respect
Benjamin Petersen

bep@dannet.dk on 14-06-2000 12:47:30

To:   hylafax-users@hylafax.org
cc:   Benjamin Petersen/Dan Net@DanNet
Subject:  [hylafax-users] Is this a fix for : Cannot create data socket ?

I often have the problem :
Cannot create data socket (131.166.100.64,4558): Address already in use

I am told that this is due to the fact (atleast on my RedHat Linux version 6.1 )
that the dynamic port range is conflicting with hylafax.

My default port range was 1024:4999 and i changed it with :
echo 49152 65535 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range,
it seems to work but have i created other problems for my self ?

Respect
  Benjamin Petersen, System developer
  Dan Net A/S
  http://www.dannet.com