[hylafax-users] Re: FaxDispatch

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Alvaro Rosales wrote:

>   Hi friend , I have one question , I know the script Faxdispatch will
> send the faxes attached as a postscript document  to the mail message,
> but I want to know if I can make the attached file to be a tiff file ,
> is it posible ?. Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, the netpbm package offer tools to convert g3 files into tiffs
g32pbm | (pnmscale) | pnmtotiff should do the trick

dunno if pnmscale is really necessary though (might be, as there are 2
resolutions for faxes, so you might have to experiment a bit)

have a look at faxrecvd.sh from hylafax, the place where the g3 is
converted to ps is quite easy to make out, modify it to convert to tiff

> Pd ... Nobody answered  my mail about the Remote disconnection error..

Arne Hueggenberg <hueggenberg@ID-PRO.de> (Products & Development)
* ID-PRO GmbH Arnsberg * Moehnestrasse 11-17 * D-59755 Arnsberg
* Tel. +49 (0) 29 32-9 16-0 * Fax -230
* http://open-fot-the-better.com