Re: modem appears wedged

I only had this problem when I changed modems (was using one modem, and
then put in another) without doing any faxsetup or faxaddmodem work.  I
ended up uninstalling the RPM and then reinstalling it... which worked.
The firmware *was* different on the modems, although the make and speed
were the same.  You may want to look into the HylaFAX AT settings for your
firmware.

I will say this, though... there has been no end to the debate on this list
about the usefulness of USR/3Com modems with HylaFAX.

Lee Howard