StripOffsets error message

Hello,

I use linux 2.2.15 system with libtiff.3.4.0 (compiled with zlib and jpeg
support) and hylafax-4.1beta2

Anything compiles well, even installation works without any
problems, but receiving a fax doesn't work, and I don't know why.
No program neither on Linux nor on Windows is able to open one of the received
*.tif files.

I get always the following error message

dibber:/var/spool/fax/recvq # display fax00002.tif
display: fax00002.tif: incorrect count for field "StripOffsets" (4, expecting 0); tag ignored..
display: Unable to open file (fax00002.tif).

display is the viewer of the ImageMagick graphics package (Version 5.1.1). But
gimp or xloadimage on Linux can't open any by hylafax received *.tif file, too.

Have you got any idea what's wrong with my configuration of hylafax or libtiff?

Please be so kind to help.

Many thanks.