Hylafax Sendfax Test Fails

Dear friends:

Thanks to the help of Paul A. Frantz and Carlos Canas, I have
successfully installed
Hylafax on my AMD K6-2 400 Linux-Mandrake 7.0.

Still, I cannot run the Sendfax test successfully due to some font
problem. Could someone who understands this issue please lend me a
helping hand on this?

I am not a programmer, just an ordinary user using Linux on a single
machine with a single user. I would like to use Hylafax to send and
receive faxes. I will be using it only to receive and send faxes, not as
a server. Or, perhaps I am misunderstanding something. Does sending and
receiving faxes through Hylafax mean that I am just using it as a client
or also as a server?

I have completed my installation and configuration thanks to their help
but I still can't run the Hylafax sendfax test command successfully (see
below).

1) Preliminary information:

[sher@adsl-77-233-178 sher]$ rpm -q hylafax
hylafax-4.1beta2-3rh6

and Ghostscript 6.01 and all dependencies (all in RPM format):

[sher@adsl-77-233-178 sher]$ rpm -qa |grep ghostscript
ghostscript-Both-5.50-9mdk
ghostscript-X-5.50-9mdk
ghostscript-fonts-6.0-2
ghostscript-6.01-1
[sher@adsl-77-233-178 sher]$

plus:
[sher@adsl-77-233-178 sher]$ rpm -q libtiff
libtiff-3.5.5-2
[sher@adsl-77-233-178 sher]$ rpm -q libtiff-devel
libtiff-devel-3.5.5-2
[sher@adsl-77-233-178 sher]$

I then created symbolic links between ghostscript 5.10 (which is not
installed on my system) and 6.01 and between ghostscript 5.50 (which is
installed on my system) and 6.01. These are hard links.

That solved the ghostscript error message I was getting. I also
understand that the egetty error message has no bearing on Linux.

[sher@adsl-77-233-178 ghostscript]$ ls -la
total 16
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root         4096 May 28 20:26 ./
drwxr-xr-x  90 root     root         4096 May 28 12:27 ../
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 May 28 20:24 5.10 -> 6.01/
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 May 28 20:26 5.50 -> 6.01/
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root         4096 May 28 12:21 6.01/
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         4096 May 28 12:22 fonts/
[sher@adsl-77-233-178 ghostscript]$

2) HYLAFAX FAXSETUP:

[sher@adsl-77-233-178 sher]$ su
Password:
[root@adsl-77-233-178 sher]# faxsetup
Setup program for HylaFAX (tm) 4.1beta2.
Created for i686-pc-linux on Thu May 25 10:24:59 EDT 2000.
Reading cached parameters from /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache.
Checking system for proper client configuration. Checking system for
proper server configuration.

Warning: /bin/egetty does not exist or is not an executable program!
The file:
    /bin/egetty
does not exist or this file is not an executable program.  The HylaFAX
software optionally uses this program and the fact that it does not
exist on the system is not a fatal error.  If the program resides in a
different location and you do not want to install a symbolic link for
/bin/egetty that points to your program then you must reconfigure and
rebuild HylaFAX from source code.
Make /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax a link to /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax.gs.

Modem support functions written to /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.modem.
Configuration parameters written to /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache.
Restarting HylaFAX server processes.
You have a HylaFAX scheduler process running.  faxq will be restarted
shortly, as soon as some other work has been completed. Can I terminate
this faxq process (618) [yes]? Should I restart the HylaFAX server
processes [yes]?
/etc/rc.d/init.d/hylafax start HylaFAX: faxq hfaxd (without old protocol
or SNPP support).
You do not appear to be using faxgetty to notify the HylaFAX scheduler
about new modems and/or their status.  This means that you must use the
faxmodem program to inform the new faxq process about the modems you
want to have scheduled by HylaFAX.  Beware that if you have modems that
require non-default capabilities specified to faxmodem then you should
read faxmodem(1M) manual page and do this work yourself (since this
script is not intelligent enough to automatically figure out the modem
capabilities and supply the appropriate arguments).
Should I run faxmodem for each configured modem [yes]?
/usr/sbin/faxmodem ttyS1
Done verifying system setup.

3) The SENDFAX test:

This is where I failed.

[root@adsl-77-233-178 sher]# sendfax -d phoneno /etc/hosts
/usr/sbin/textfmt: No font metric information found for "Courier-Bold".
Usage: /usr/sbin/textfmt [-1] [-2] [-B] [-c] [-D] [-f fontname] [-F
fontdir(s)] [-m N] [-o #] [-p #] [-r] [-U] [-Ml=#,r=#,t=#,b=#] [-V #]
files... >out.ps Default options: -f Courier -1 -p 11bp -o 0 Error
converting data; command was "/usr/sbin/textfmt -B -f Courier-Bold
-Ml=0.4in -p 11 -s default >/tmp//sndfaxb06Lht </etc/hosts"
[root@adsl-77-233-178
sher]#

Thank you so very much.

Benjamin