Problem with my modem.

I have Red Hat 6.1 and Hylafax 4.1beta2 with a Zyxel 2864 modem.
When I try to use the cu command I get the following messages
I am root

bash# cu -l /dev/ttyS0
cu: creat {/var/lock/tmp0000006d90}: permission denied
cu: /dev/ttyS0: line in use

When I run faxaddmodem it doesn´t accept my phonenumber
+46.8.123456
countrycode +46
areacode 08

But it finds the modem and find the correct speed but I get some error
messages:
/bin/stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations

If someone could help me it would be great

thanx
/Ola